Thursday 5 June 2008

Her Majesty 'Clean' Elizabeth II

Cherie Blair, wife of former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, has revealed that The Queen cleans up after her guests. Speaking to Itay's "A" magazine, Mrs Blair said that whilst an invited guest of Her Majesty and Prince Philip at Balmoral, she was amazed to see the monarch cleaning up the dinner plates and clearing the table. Mrs Blair said: 'The Queen helps clear away the dishes with other members of the Royal Family and the first year I was there I tried to help. But tradition says it is the Queen and her family who have to clear away for their guests. It was extraordinary to watch, especially for someone from my background. The first time we went there Prince Philip saw how interested I was in the barbecue and he very kindly gave us one. I can't wait to use it in our country home - when we were at Downing Street we never got a chance.'

Click here to read more.

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterSoftware Dis...